Saturday, April 25, 2009

Gopher fun

We had a gopher digging holes in our back yard and last weekend Kim was sitting in the back yard with Aaron and it started pushing up fresh dirt and even came out of it's hole once or twice. Kim came in and told Me (Steve) and I went out to try to see it, but it did not come back. We decided we were going to do something about it, so we put a hose down the hole to drown it, or so we supposed. After about 30 minutes, water started coming back out the hole and I looked over to another one of the holes and there was fresh dirt. I took the hose over there and stuck it in and immediately the gopher came out, quite water logged and very disoriented. Kaleb brought me a net that we use to clean the pool and I stuck it on top of the gopher, to keep it there and Kaleb went in the house and found Sadie's dog carrier I guided it into the carrier and then we took it and showed it to some people in the neighborhood and then took it to an empty field and set it free. Here are some pictures and a video from it. The clicking noise you hear in the video is the noise that the gopher was making.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha ah aha ah haha ah ah aha ah aha ha. We thought that was pretty funny! Emily thought the gopher was a cuddly toy and Austin thought it was cute and we should keep it as a pet. The end