
Our Easter week started with Palm Sunday.We talked on how important Palms are and what the significance they were when the Savior entered into Jerusalem on his trimphal entry. So we made Palm leaves and hung them on our front door to remind our family of his triumphal entry. Then on Monday we talked about when the Savior went to the Temple and cleansed it of the money changers and those who were selling at the Temple. How in the day they did have to buy a unblemished lamb for their Passover feast and how most people were traveling and had to exchange their currency,but that the High Priest were making a profit from them and that wasn't right.So we had chocolate coins for them to remember the cleansing of the Temple. On Tuesday we talked about how the Savior would travel from Bethany each morning and come to the Temple. He gave parables and so we talked about the Parable of the 10 Virgins. On Wed we talked about the thirty pieces of silver was the price paid for the life of a male slave. How Judas betrayed the Savior. How the Jews would prepare for the Passover by getting rid of all the leavening and cleaning the houses getting ready for the Passover feast. Thursday we had our Passover dinner and I actually made lamb and we had Matzah and I made Haroset and we had deviled eggs instead of Beitzah (broiled eggs), and Maror(horseradish).We also had other foods the would eat in Jerusalem. I explained the symbolism of each food and the family tasted each thing as we passed it around the table. We talked about Gethsemane and what would take place after the Last Supper. Friday we talked about the Savior's trial and Crucifixion and on Saturday night (late) we made Easter rolls. We talked about how they laid the Savior in the tomb and the marshmallows were symbolic to the Savior in the tomb and we put them in our dough and closed the dough over the marshmallow then rolled it in butter and sprinkled sugar and cinnamon and put it into the fridge. On Sunday morning we put the rolls in oven and 15 minutes latter we had yummy rolls that were hollow in the middle and we talked about the Savior rising from the dead. How blessed we were for his sacrifice for us and what a glorious blessing for us. We had a yummy dinner with friends. I really thought and understood more than I ever had and when the kids talked to me that week they understood what that week meant to all of us. I'm sure it didn't mean as much to them as it did me. I hope I can make that same experience even better next year.
1 comment:
I love this! What an inspiration you are - I'm totally doing this next year!
Post a Comment