Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day Blues!

I of course did not want the election to go the way it did. I just have to hope and have faith that all will be well. I told Steve to turn off the T.V.so I could go to bed,because we get up at 5:30am to walk,but he turned it on another station while I was getting ready for bed and he was doing something on facebook.I looked up and it was the BYU station and Sheri Dew was speaking at the women's conference 2008(Awake,Arise and come unto Christ), It made me stop thinking about the state of our government and made me evaluate my state. It is such a good talk. I felt peace when I went to bed. I would of copied it for all of my friends but you can't get the written word,you have to listen or watch it on the computer under BYUtv and search talks.It is well worth it.

3 comments:

Amber said...

How wonderful! Once we found out the results, we decided to do a little spur-of-the-moment FHE about how we can teach our little ones proper values in an environment that is slowly degenerating. Some good news: Prop 8 passed!

The Brugger Bunch said...

Have heart my friend. We have the Lord on our side. LOL! It is time to start praying for our new leader and to come together as a nation. There is still much good work to be done! I know that all will be well!

Kimberly said...

What a great idea to check out Sheri Dew's talk. I will certainly do that!