Monday, October 13, 2008

Great Weekend!!

This weekend was our Stake Confrence, and Steve had leadership Saturday afternoon and then he came home had dinner and we watched our Beloved BSU for 45 min., before we left for the adult session.Of course we were taping our game and warned of talking to us at all until we saw the game ourselves.There was a couple who spoke on getting to the Temple and how sweet it was to have gone to the Temple and having all of her brothers and sisters and their spouses and her Mom there with them. Her Dad had died the year before but she said she knew he was there to. I thought of my own family and how much I look forward to the day that we will all be able to attend the Temple together, I'm hoping that will be when Alivia goes through the Temple down the road a bit. This means a lot to me This is why I sacrifice certain things and work hard at being worthy of my covenants. I want my family together forever. I love them.In between talks they sang, As Sisters in Zion, We'll bring the world his truth song. It makes me want to cry,I remember Ashley and Amber singing this song with the young men in our ward and Stake often,and it was always powerful,this was no different.Lots of sweet memories.I Was very moved by the whole meeting,and I went home and calmly watched my favorite team win against Southern Miss.
On Saturday Alden went and picked grapes at Ethans house for his Mom,she said Alden had done such a good job the day before he was welcome back and sent two bottles of homemade grape juice and some more grapes.So he got up on Sunday and was determined to make grape juice. I didn't want an enormous breakdown so I just went with it.He got out the big pan and we put water in it, and then put the grapes in our big stainless steel collander, and put a lid over it. Alden thought about it for a moment and got another big pan and put it in between the water pan and the collander and we put foil around the holes in the colander that we could see. We heated it and sure enough it softened the grapes and we smashed them easily and made grape juice. We didn't finish the whole process tell after confrence though. Then we drank it with our dinner.He was so proud!What a shame I didn't take pictures of all his work.
At confrence on Sunday, there was a sweet young lady who spoke on optimism in life and in the gospel.I wish I could write it down, it was very well done and I felt so lifted after it, I think I am pretty opimistic and it really is a choice and I feel so much better and accomplish so much more because of it. I love all my sweet lady friends, because every single one of you seem to carry this gift.I Feel lifted when I am with you and feel better afterwards.I love the Gospel and I hope it shows or I am doing something wrong. I love my Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ, I am so thankful for his sacrifice for us.

2 comments:

The Brugger Bunch said...

I just love you my friend! What a sweet and tender memoir. You just made my night. Your children are truly blessed to have you as their mama. What a wonderful example you are to them, and to those around you! I know that I have been so touched by your willingness to sacrifice and to give all that you have to your sweet family! What a wonderful example you are! I wish so much that I could have made it to Conference this weekend. It sounds so wonderful, so thank you for sharing!

Oh and by the way, just so you know, (infact you may not have known that you and I were in a race to see who would blog about tonights activities first, but.... I WIN!!!! this is where I laugh maniaclly!!! LOL) I love you, have a good night Mrs. Mother of the Year, (I just awarded that to you tonight, TA DAHHH, I am feeling generous since I won our little race)!

Annie said...

April your comment it is cracking me up!! You 2 are the fast bloggers!!

Kim that was very tender!! You are a wonderful mom and person. I am so glad that I have become such good friends with you. Thanks for all you teach me and my family!!