
I have been contemplating a lot about what I am grateful for. My friend April challenged her friends to share what they are grateful for. It is been really hard for me to sit down and share and usually this is any easy subject,because I feel so grateful for so much. I think I am going through a very difficult time and I am being tried,because I don't feel capable of sharing my feelings in an eloquent manner. Here I go anyways. I am so grateful for the gift our Savior gave to us by atoning for our sins,so we have the opportunity to repent and be forgiven and live eternally with him. This evening was a very hectic one and Alden had to go to bed earlier than usual.So of course we had a lot of commotion because of that. We all read scriptures as a family and we were saying prayer and you could hear Alden screaming still and saying why do you hate me while we were saying prayers. That was like torture for me,so after prayers, I took the Book of Mormon in and I told him I was going to read to him. Before I started to read I of course listened to him and discussed why he was so upset. When I finely calmed him down, I began to read from 3Nephi 19:19-30. This is where we were as a family tonight. I was trying to bring it to life for him,because it is when the Savior is talking to his disciples and they are praying to the father and I was explaining how wonderful that would be to be there and I could barely speak as I felt the warmth of the spirit as I was reading to him. For that moment I was hoping to reach within Alden so he could know of the Savior and his Heavenly Fathers love for him because he needed to hear this. It calmed my spirit and I could feel him relaxing as well.I might have tons of fear and stress,but yet the oppurtunity to repent and feel his encircling arms of love was all we needed for that moment. I'm sorry if this didn't come out right.I am truly grateful for this experience this night.
When I came out of the bedroom with Alden my Mother came out of her room asking me where this lady was sleeping that was sitting on her bed,so of course I went to look and I asked her if it was her dolls and she said no she was sitting on top of the dolls. I told her I couldn't see her maybe, she is your guardian angel, and then my Mom said" well she is out in the livingroom during the day sometimes and in her room sometimes in the later part of the evening".I told her I have never seen her, I asked her if she was young or an older lady and she said "she is older" , I said," oh thats interesting I Thought a spirit would be younger", and she told me "she is probably older so she could recoginize her",so I asked her if she recognizes her and she said "she looks familiar". Then she told me she was there on Sunday when we were having dinner and she wondered why I didn't offer her something to eat.I said ,"yeah probably" because I couldn't see her. By this time my mom was laying down and she has this very sad look in her eyes,such and old look and yet so innocent. I told her she was closer to Heaven then I am. She told me she was gone now. I felt very at peace with all of this conversation after being in with Alden.
3 comments:
Kim I am crying! What a tender blog. I was so touched by your sweet message. What a sweet mama you are. My heart goes out to you my friend, I know how hard this is for you. I am grateful for your strength and the desire that you have to serve our Father and Heaven. You are a wonderful example to me and to your sweet family! Alden is lucky to have you as his mama. Please hug Alice for me today!
Wow, that was beautiful!! Kim it made complete sense!! Thanks for sharing those special expriences!! have a wonderful day!!
Mom, you have beautiful thoughts and express them very clearly. Thank you for taking care of Alden in the best way you can. I know how difficult it can be. He was sent to the family for a special reason, maybe so we could all learn patience? ;) Love you!
Post a Comment