I took her out to lunch the other day because my friends asked if we wanted to join them last minute. It wasn't anywhere fancy just Red Robin. One of my friends brought her two little ones who weren't in school. They are such cute little ones and so mild. As we were eating lunch my friend April said "your mom is eating the napkin " so I removed it and re focused her on her food. Just a minute later my friend Kelly's little girl was eating her napkin too. I thought I would be on my Moms #1 daughters list because I got her a milk shake before her lunch. She gulped it down pretty quickly and was on to better things. She gets fidgety and tries to poor salt and take a part the adds on the table, it did look like a Gingerbread house. She was very interested in getting it a part. Exactly like when I had toddlers. It is really hard to hear her and so people have to pretend they hear her,because they either can't hear her or they can't understand her. I am very blessed though, I have such great friends they try to make it easy on her, and they are very helpful to me when it calls for it.
Mom has great visiting teachers who come in every month and give her a message and give her hugs and try to listen to her. They are soo great because they are so empathetic to my situation and all I have to do for her. We laugh a lot about what happens, to make it not so hard.
I was so grateful to Steve for taking care of her and the kids when I went down to Utah to help Amber and Ben. He was so amazing to take on all he did and Katelynn for doing all the really awful work for Grandma. That is really amazing for such a young girl to do that. I hate doing it and it is my Mom and I am older. My family deserves a lot of thanks from me for giving up things because I take care of my Mom. Maybe that will all come in Heaven.
4 comments:
Thanks for coming mom! Thinking about grandma vs. babies is an entertaining thought.
I marvel at your family every week as I watch you with your mother/grandmother. You are all amazing and I admire your dedication to her.
Yes, thank you.
You are amazing and wonderful family! I am always so impressed with you and your love and devotion to your mother!
Post a Comment