I loved making dinner and helping around the house. I wondered if I would have enjoyed that when I had my little ones. I loved being able to come down. I love Ben for caring enough about Amber to help me get down there. I would have been so sad if I wouldn't have been able to go down. Steve was my hero on the other end, because he took care of the kids and Grandma. He also went to the Middle School and High School parent teacher conferences . He had his hands full and the kids were all good sports about not having me around to keep up with all their extra needs. I did have great friend asking if they could help Steve but he managed it all on his own.
My sweet daughter Ashley was down in Utah for a baptism and ended up helping Amber with Emily. She was so good with her and Chris her boyfriend and his brother were so cute with her. Ashley was a true miracle or blessing to be there right at the right time. Emily did so great with all the new people and new things going on around her.When I got in at the airport Ashley and Chris and Emily came to get me,but I called to tell them I was in and Ashley told me they were just putting the pack and play up and they would be on there way. About 5 min later she calls me and ask " how do you fold this thing up " finally I just told her to bring it how it is and I would take care of it when they got me. Those are tricky beds but I have had experience and she hasn't. It would of been great to video tape her doing this. We had dinner at Jeff and Julie's while Amber was still in the hospital and it was so nice and relaxing. I was able to visit with them and Ashley and Chris and get to know his brother Blake. Ben came at the end of dinner to pick me and Emily up and take us to see Amber and the baby,and to get a quick bite to eat.
1 comment:
Thanks so much, Kim. The pictures are great. Thanks for being there to help!
Thom
Post a Comment