Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy 27th Anniversary

It was pretty sad to be away on our Anniversary, but I knew I needed to be there for the girls at camp. We still haven't done anything for it, but we plan on taking a night at the first of July since Steve is always really busy with work at the end of the month. However we did go out with some great friends the Nelson's to get Del Taco and sit around the table on their patio together since we both have anniversary's by each other and Chris was away at camp during hers as well. It was a pretty evening and we enjoyed the conversation.
I am pretty lucky to have someone, actually it was no accident because we both made goals and strived to find someone who fit into our goal of the type of person we wanted to marry. I wanted someone who had a firm testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and lived it.I wanted someone who wanted to have a large family and wanted to spend time with them. I wanted someone who would help and be a partner with taking care of the kids and the housework. I hoped I had learned something from my parents divorce. I love my Dad, but he didn't keep his promise to God or my Mom. Steve is always trying to protect our family by keeping his commitments he made to our Heavenly Father and it helps to keep our marriage safe. He is not afraid to say he is sorry when he does something wrong, and that is a lot more difficult for me. He is not perfect and we both make plenty of mistakes, but we are constantly trying to do better. We take our date night very seriously and don't usually miss it. We know we don't have all the answers to raising children, we continue to learn very difficult lessons and have had heart break from choices our children make in their own growing up process. We have had plenty of laughs and that is what really makes life sweet, when we can laugh through a lot of our mistakes and trials. When we can make fun of ourselves when we screw up. We have lots of good memories and we love to play together. Steve always tells me how he loves me, and tells me how beautiful I am even when I really don't feel it. I am so glad Heavenly Father sent him my way. I am so glad we were sealed together 27 years ago for time and all eternity.
I am glad we had 10 amazing children who we love dearly and plan on being with them forever. We cherish every single one of them. We love to laugh with them, and we get worried for them when they are far away, we are sad when they are having difficult things happen in their own lives and we pray for them constantly. They are in our thoughts constantly. We love their spouses and our sweet grand children. We always wish we could do more for them monetarily.
We have had a pretty emotional year so far with lots of bends in our road and I am so grateful for someone to share it with and have someone to listen and to cry with, and on his shoulder. I love you Steve !

No comments: