Thursday, May 7, 2009

We have a new angel in our Family

Brody James was born to Autumn and Raul on May 5, which is Cinco De Mayo, and what a celebration we have had! It was allot of hard work on Autumn's side but she did so good and labor and delivery went pretty fast. Poor Raul was trying to keep from fainting. He held it together all the way though and was so sweet with Autumn and Brody. Brody was having a hard time breathing, he had fluid in his lungs so they were working on suctioning him. I was with him while Raul was with Autumn and I was so worried. They discovered some features of down syndrome and they are waiting for the full blood work up. I felt pretty excited that they were truly given an angel from Heaven! He weighed 7lbs 2oz and 20 1/4 inches long and was born at 6:02am.

Katelynn was able to be there but not during the delivery, she traded with our sweet friend Brenda. She came in shortly after Brody was born and thinks he is going to be so much fun to help take care of. Patty and Vanessa and Marrissa and Nicole came not long after his birth and they all are in love with him. We were all very concerned for him when Raul had to take him up to the NICU, for observation. His blood sugar ended up being low and he needed a little oxygen and an IV for glucose. Autumn could hardly wait to get up to be with him but she had to eat first. I'm sure it seemed to go very slowly for her.

Steve was able to get there right after they took Brody up to the NICU and was able to give Autumn a very sweet priesthood blessing. Autumn is going to make such a great Mom and she is already getting to be a pro at taking care of things up in the NICU. Steve went up about 3 times and took great pictures and gave lots of tender touches to him as well. He isn't afraid of the tubes and nurses, he has had plenty of experience up in the NICU with our 2 little premies. You just don't know how excited we are for little Brody to come home!

I think all of Raul's sisters and Mom were able to hold Brody and everyone in our home except Kaden,Alivia and Grandma. It is still RSV season so no one under 6 can go in and Kaden and Alivia are very upset about this.

I was able to watch Autumn feed her sweet baby for the first time and she is so tender and sweet with him and her Lactation nurse is so fantastic. Brody loves to be stroked by her and held by her. This will be a harder day for Autumn because she is being released but Brody will stay for a little more time.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: baby Brody
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Annie said...

Kim he is perfect!! What a lucky baby boy to be born into such a wonderful family!! give autumn our love!!

Tifferz said...

Congrats!!! What a sweet baby. I am excited to meet him in July. Tell my girl Autumn I love her and wish her a fast recovery! Brody takes my breath away. I love you guys. Tell the family I say Hi.

nina said...

Now you have gone and ruined my mascara.... He is so beautiful and so amny hands and hearts to love him, Autumn better stake her claim or she will always be asked to let someone hold him - can't wait for my turn. Congrats!!